Great Little Box Company encourages economic prosperity and a sustainable flow of materials for our customers. Our technical professionals are trained in life cycle analysis, and use internationally recognized techniques to assess the environmental impact of their packaging designs. Given the opportunity to re-design existing packaging solutions we have developed new concepts that are:
- 100% recyclable
- Require less manufacturing time
- Require less energy
- Require less raw materials
This results in a lower cost solution that meets or exceeds the original design’s function and performance. When developing a new custom packaging solution, our award-winning design team not only offers expertise in the traditional packaging criteria of performance, cost, communication and compliance but is committed to optimizing resources, responsible sourcing, resource recovery, and material health. In our efforts to fulfill the growing demand for green building and responsible paper purchasing, we have become SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) certified. SFI is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management in North America and supporting responsible procurement globally.
Nothing excites us more than working with our customers to help profitably grow their business. From emergency requests that require quick turn around, to partnering in the development of custom solutions, we really do put our customers first. Service, Quality and Innovative Solutions are what make the GLBC Difference.
As the packaging industry evolves, GLBC continues to transform the way we conduct business. We are constantly reviewing and evaluating technologies, processes, and materials to ensure that we remain at the leading edge of new developments, including purchasing SFI certified raw materials. We look forward to the opportunities this transformation presents for our customers, employees and communities. Great Little Box Company will remain committed to growing our business, educating our employees and protecting our treasured natural resources by now purchasing materials from responsible sources.
Consumers Prefer Companies Using Recycled Packaging
According to a survey of shoppers:
- 63% of respondents rated the perceived quality of recycled packaging the same or better than virgin packages
- 61% were more inclined to purchase products from a company using recycled boxboard packaging
- 77% felt better about a company using recyclable paperboard packaging
- 80% felt they were doing something good for the environment when buying products packed in recycled paperboard packaging
- 85% believed that using recycled paperboard packaging will make a better future for your children
Source: The Alliance for Environmental Innovation